Saturday 24 March 2012

Awards Season

Lots of people are writing posts about the upcoming MAD Blog Awards and the Brilliance in Blogging Awards. Both awards are in different stages, the MADs have just opened for nominations, and the BiBs are in the shortlist stage.

I am very proud to announce that I am a finalist in the BiBs in the inspirational category. The list is pretty amazing and some of my favourite bloggers are there alongside me.

I am really excited by the MADs, I was so thrilled to be a finalist last year, and would really love to be one this year. The awards ceremony is so much fun, and its so great to be able to meet other bloggers and share our successes. I am not in anyway a competitive person, I think the blogosphere is a rather big place, and we can all be there, alongisde on another, caring and sharing. 

I think anyone who knows me will know that I am passionate about blogging. I love it, and it has helped me immensely in my personal growth, and in particular in my journey into motherhood, it has been incredibly healing and by jingo and by crikey has given me amazing opportunties I never would have had otherwise.

One of the the things that brings me joy is encouraging other bloggers in their journey, especially those who have had a difficult journey of their own.

I am so grateful to everyone of you who reads, and who shares this blog with others. Getting comments like "I thought I was the only one to feel that way" or "I felt so alone and so scared until I read this" that is what keeps me blogging, not awards, or approaches from companies, not even the charity work I love so much.

Do I want you to vote for me in the BiBs or nominate me for a MAD, yes I do, I would love that very much, if I have touched you and you want to vote for me, that would be lovely and I thank you.

Do I want you to exclude other blogs, no. I am naturually going to fall into the inspirational category and we are all there because we are inspiring. We all talk about different things. Some of my dear friends are alongside me in those categories, and if you want to vote for one of them, I'd be thrilled.

I love Not Even A Bag of Sugar with all my heart, it's brought me so much comfort and so much joy too. I am in a great place at the moment, I have a healthy happy toddler, a lovely husband, and a paying job, as well as a thriving blog. Writing Sugar has helped me so much, in coming to terms with what happened to us as a family, and to share knowledge and experience.

So thank you so much everyone, and a huge thank you to some of the bloggers who have helped me so much, Mummy Pinkwellies and Mummy Whisperer, especially.

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks. Don't know what to say to all of these shout outs :) Can't wait to catch up in person soon xxx

    ReplyDelete